<$BlogRSDUrl$>

logoEat - Drink - Protest


A culture blog by Lauren Girardin, a San Francisco-based city girl who eats out and kicks about.

February 19, 2005

India ~ Let's Begin

India flagIndia is like LSD. Sometimes it’s a good trip; sometimes it’s a bad trip. But it’s always a trip. At least, that’s what they say on the swarming, unpaved streets of Varanasi.

As I traveled throughout India, I discovered the reality of that glib saying: the good was exceptionally peculiar, creative, enlightening, nourishing, culturally turbid, and floating-on-blue-lulling; the bad was relentless, nauseating, garbage-engulfed, infrastructurally unsound, cow-infested, and perilously overcrowded. But, all things considered, it was a trip utterly worth doing.


NOTE: I am currently writing about my trip to India last year. Days 3 & 4 are new and online. If you would like to know when new Days are available, please email me.